University of Greenwich

From LGBT Archive
Jump to: navigation, search
University logo
The University of Greenwich was founded in 1890 as Woolwich Polytechnic. In 1970 it merged with other institutions to become Thames Polytechnic. In 1992 it obtained university status under its present name. It has three campuses, one at the old Royal Naval College in Greenwich, one at Avery Hill also in the London Borough of Greenwich, and one at the former naval shore base HMS Pembroke in Chatham.

LGBT history

BiCon 1997 was held there.

LGBT societies

LGBT+ staff network logo
Students LGBT society logo
There are an LGBT staff network[1] and a Student LGBT+ Society[2]


  1. LGBT+ Staff Network
  2. LGBT+ page on the Students Union (SUUG) website