It is the imprint of GASPS (Gay Authors Self-Publishing Society), a publishing collective that produces a wide range of literature by lesbians and gay men. Authors submit their books to the collective; if the book is approved, the author can then join the collective and benefit from and contribute to Paradise Press services. Paradise Press was founded in 1999 and grew out of Gay Authors Workshop.
The majority of the Paradise Press output has been fiction and poetry, plus a small number of autobiographies. The non-fiction list includes Diverse Performances by David Haldane Lawrence and Amiable Warriors by Peter Scott-Presland.
- G Abel-Watters: People your Mother Warned You About (editor), Queer Haunts (editor)
- Rex Batten: Rid England of this Plague
- John Dixon: The Carrier Bag and other stories, Seeking, Finding, Losing
- Martin Foreman: Weekend, A Sense of Loss and other stories, First and Fiftieth and other stories
- David Gee: The Bexhill Missile Crisis, The Dropout
- Timothy Graves: Homo Jihad, Pharmakeia
- Winston Green: Behind the Mask
- Michael Harth: Guru on Hire, A Little Chat and other stories, The Physent and other stories, The Picnic and other stories, Eros at Large (editor), The Best of Gazebo (editor)
- Joseph Hucknall, A Life’s Tales
- Alan Keslian: Goodmans Hotel
- Jeremy Kingston: Risking It
- David Haldane Lawrence: Diverse Performances (edited by Ross Burgess)
- Elizabeth J Lister: Prisoner 537, My Life Outside, Nothing Stays the Same, Tracy Manners, Consequences
- Paul Mann: The Queer Commando
- Christopher Preston: Twenty-Two Eighty-Four
- Graham Robertson: A New Man in Old Steine
- Peter Scott-Presland: Amiable Warriors
- Rod Shelton: Bokassa’s Last Apostle
- Ian Stewart: Cocksuckery
- Ivor Treby: Poems 2007–2012 (edited by John Dixon)
- Elsa Wallace: A Short History of Lord Hyaena, Ghosts and Gargoyles, The Monkey Mirror, Kissyface and Others
- Donald West: Gay Life, Straight Work
- John Dixon and Jeffrey Doorn (editors): Coming Clean, A Boxful of Ideas
- Jeffrey Doorn and Adrian Risdon (editors): Oysters and Pearls, Slivers of Silver
- Colin Graham and Mark Coton (editors): Gawp and Gaze
Contributors to anthologies
Other Paradise Presses
There have been a number of other organisations with similar names.
Amiable Warriors Volume One
- Paradise Press: Authors. Accessed: 2015-09-21. (Archived by WebCite®).
- Paradise Press Catalogue February 2016.
- Out of print; listed at the April 2003 version of the Paradise Press website, archived by the Internet Archive.
- Out of print; listed at the July 2012 version of the Paradise Press website, archived by the Internet Archive.
- Rod Shelton, "The other Paradise Presses". (archived at 2016-12-27 by WebCite®).